1.0b1 Update

We are currently focusing on 4 things: 1) usability test, 2) performance optimization, 3) name change and 4) getting blessing from Google.

On the usability test front, overall, the result are much more positive then the tests we did 6 weeks ago but there is some consistency regarding the “getting started” process being weak. So we are going to take a new look at that. There is also some consistency regarding the need to be able to provide more feedback regarding recommendations (I will write a longer post on that).

On the performance optimization front, M and K have done some magic on the 10,000 users test case both in terms of performance and scalability (ie partitioning). They will be transitioning to 100K and 1M users mocks. We are slowly and painfully migrating the client to take advantage of the more decentralized work processing.

On the name change, we decided to rename feeddo to avoid any conflict with Pheedo. We are working on trying to acquire a new domain (domain names are so expensive these days!!!).

We are going to continue to push on both 4 areas to try to get 1.0b1 out as soon as possible. The good news is that usage pattern among existing user has increased over the last 6 weeks so we are really looking forward to seeing if the pattern holds when we let more people in.

(Special thanks to Cyril, Steph, MB, Clemens, Elisa and Jason for their detailed feedback and suggestions!)

And here is a fun recommendation to star the week on a positive note:

Author: @feedly

Read more. Know more.