As part of our effort to turn feedly into a viable venture, we are launching today the first payed version of feedly. It is called Feedly Ultimate, Home Edition. We have been talking with 120 users over the last 8 weeks about this initiative and based on their feedback and needs, we decided to go with an extremely simple solution: attention-driven micro-payment. This is a fancy term to say that you pay based on how many and how you read articles. Here is the specific formula:
monthly price = number of article read * $0.01 * time spent to read article / 60 * font size / speed at which you scroll * 1.327
- 25% discount is you only use keyboard shortcuts to navigate around
- 25% increase per article if the article has already been recommended 5 times by the time you read the article
- Articles from LouisGray.com, ReadWriteWeb and Scobleizer are free
- You get an 80% discount if you tweet the article and add #i-love-feedly in the tweet message
- The system will assign you a one time $25 speed ticket if you read more than 12 articles per seconds.
We might over time add more flexibility to the model to try to address the use of specific users and publisher. We hope that you like it and really appreciate your support.
Update: This was a joke we put together for April Fools :-)