With Feedly v 4.0 available on the Chrome, Safari and Mozilla Add-on directories and Feedly for iPhone submitted to Apple for review, it is now time to shift our focus on the next iteration (aka Feedly v 5.0).
Here is what we have in mind:
New iteration of the feedly mini toolbar (and cross browser support)[included in 4.x.340]
- Feedly for Android Phones
New layout for the saved for later page[included in 4.x.336]
- Automatically correlate an article to the twitter account of the author to provide richer bio information as well as to enable conversations.Use mini to overlay personalized search results on Google Search Results
- A new on-boarding experience/digest page for non-Google Reader users (called top sites)
- Better integration with Facebook
- Bubble up most used sharing options to allow single click
- Support for Read it later
- Tag articles
- Support for multiple themes/color schemes
- Prevent a source from being featured in the digest/cover
- Integration with the Chrome notification system (based on source, favorite, likes and keyword rules)
- Group articles from different sources related to the same story.
- Exclude articles from digest/cover based on keywords
Some bugs to look into:
Auto-mark as read on scroll issues[fixe in 4.x.340]
- Adblock seems to block some of the images embedded in RSS feeds. Try to replicate and understand how the add-ons can be configured to work correctly together.
- Incompatibility issue with HTTPSEverywhere
- Incompatibility issue with BlackSheep
We are planning to roll out some of these incrementally over the next 4-6 weeks. Anything else you would like to see fixed/improved/added?