Are you a designer who loves to get inspired everyday and whose work is clean and helps people do things simply? Do you love to get feedback and iterate? Do you have experience working on desktop, iOS, and Android? Do you love building features no one else thought about from the ground up? Are you passionate about design and crafting beautiful things?
Let’s talk! We are looking for designers to join feedly.
feedly is your single place for all of the news, knowledge, and ideas you rely on to think, learn, and keep ahead. We build deeply personal web experiences by bringing the content that is important to you in your own work newsfeed.
T-shaped design skills
- Redefine what reading is on the web and mobile by pushing the boundaries of design.
- Bring innovative thinking, problem solving, and design solutions to the table.
- Conduct user research and user testing with potential and existing users.
- Design beautiful, clear, and consistent interfaces for our desktop, iOS, and Android apps.
- Generate pixel-perfect production assets.
- Generate comprehensive information architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes for iOS, Android, and desktop.
- Present your work effectively and articulately communicate design rationale to the team.
- Help craft the design team as it grows.
- 2+ years of applied product design experience.
- Ability to design for any platform (iOS, Android, mobile web, etc.).
- A passion for listening to user feedback and iterating.
- Strong information design skills with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You love making things beautiful, and you have a strong understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and whitespace.
- Mastery of design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Framer, Pixate, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects, Swift.
- Ability to generate pixel-perfect production assets.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional and very experienced team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- You see yourself in our core values.
- Something magical happens when you find the right piece of content.
- Design like you are right, listen like you are wrong.
- See crisis as opportunity.
- Frugality is fun.
- Details matter.
- Be humble.
Nice to have
- Experience doing motion design would be great.
- Expertise with html and CSS absolutely amazing.
You will be working from our Palo Alto office, though you will be able to work from our San Francisco office two to three times a week or work from home some days.
Interested? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to your work.
If you are not the right person but know of someone who you think would be a perfect match, we have a $20K referral program in place to thank you for your help. Just send us an introduction email to the right candidate with a link to their portfolio and/or LinkedIn/Dribbble/Behance profile.